Sunday, March 4, 2012

Song of the Day 3/04/12

Modest Mouse- "Parting of the Sensory"


This is my favorite Modest Mouse song. I love the overall feel of the song, and the lyrics and vocals really tie the whole thing together, especially the strong guitar part over the "and it came down on us like it had been rehearsed" part. The "aw fuck it I guess we lost" really fits with the theme of the album, which was originally intended to be a concept album about a crew of sailors that drowned in each of the songs.

My favorite part thing about Modest Mouse has always been their versatility, and this album continues in that same direction. Every track is unique, and the song I've posted tonight sounds nothing like, say, "Dashboard". Basically, if you don't like this song, you should still check them out because there is still a chance you might like something else on that same album.

   -Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment