Monday, March 12, 2012

Song of the Day 03/12/12

Porcupine Tree- "Trains"



Porcupine Tree is another of my favorite bands. I actually found them through Myspace back when that was still popular, and the first track I heard was "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". I was blown away, the track was long, textured, emotional, and well written. Trains is probably my favorite track of theirs though, and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way. Check out the live version from their DVD "Arriving Somewhere" to get an idea of how talented these guys are. The band is pretty much the creation of Guitarist/Vocalist Steven Wilson, but the musicians that tour with him are all fantastic as well.

If you've never listened to these guys, please check them out. As usual, you'll be glad you did.

I need to include the live video too. I know most of you wouldn't go check it out, but hopefully you'll watch it since it's here.



   -Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment