Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Song of the Day 3/07/12


Aesop Rock- Tomorrow Morning

I've been listening to a ton of Katatonia and Aesop Rock lately (maybe a weird combination?) but I had to post this song. This might be the best Hip-Hop song I've ever heard. The beat is fantastic and complex, with seemingly a dozen sounds going on at any given time. The song was made to accompany a slideshow of the art of Jeremy Fish, but the piece is great on its own. Check it out even if you don't normally listen to Hip-Hop. It's definitely not my favorite genre, but this Aesop Rock is something special. Lyrically, he is head and shoulders above anyone else I have ever heard. I can't wait for his first album since 2007, Skelethon, when it releases later this year. Who the fuck is Ace Rock?

   -Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment