Monday, March 26, 2012

Song of the Day 03/26/2012 Dillinger Escape Plan- Panasonic Youth

Dillinger Escape Plan- "Panasonic Youth"


This is it folks. This is the song that started it all. I first heard of the Dillinger Escape Plan my freshman year of high school. This was the year where quizzes to determine "what your vampire name is" or "which famous movie character you are" became the most popular thing on the internet. I, being the little rebel, took the quiz to see which metal band most resembled me. I got the Dillinger Escape Plan. However, I did not know who they were. I went to their myspace page, and was greeted by this track

My head exploded. I had never heard anything like it, and let me tell you, as a 14 year old kid, listening to Miss Machine can have a profound impact on the course of your life. Every other song I listened to just sounded a little more bland by comparison. This really was something special, and I still listen to them regularly to this day. If you ever get a chance to see these guys live, do it. You won't regret it.

   -Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment